I've just received news that App Inventor has been updated to version v.125 (Version: 125 Id: 4fbee9e4023c), it seems there are some interesting innovations that could render "obsolete" some of my old tutorial: (
To use the new version just reload the page app inventor usually at:
In particular, it now seems that projects can be directly loaded into Google without having to play Marketizer or otherwise.
It remains to see the discussion of optimization for different screen resolutions and the ability to remove the title bar for example.
If you want to try a little bit and let me know if you actually still use Marketizer agrees or not ...
Other news regarding the "button" that now have new properties, "shape"
oval see below some examples with the new form of buttons:
Nothing short of sensational, even if it is encouraging to see that the development of AI continues constantly.
Below the full list of changes and innovations:
Things to note in this new release:
- Added the ability for app's created with this version of App Inventor
V125, to be uploaded to Google Play.
- Searching in Fixed documentation.
- Script now launch_buildserver Accepts command line arguments.
- Fixed Numerous issues in the documentation pages.
- App Inventor Should now work better with IE9.
- Fixed sign out link.
- Added a Shape property to the Button component.
- Fixed bug orientation sensor documentation.
- Made changes to make Button FontSize dynamic.
- Updated notepad.jnlp to fix broken links. - Made the "/ learn", "/ about", and "/ forum" Subtrees not require login.
- Added some minor logging improvements.
Let me know how you are with this new version, once I get some time I want to deepen the discussion above of the direct loading to the Play Store.
See you soon!