How to Download Videos from YouTube
YouTube is today's number one video sharing website. There are millions and
millions of videos being share at YouTube. Now if you regularly visit YouTube to
watch funny or entertaining videos among many others, then perhaps you've
wondered how on earth you could download one. When you check at the YouTube
website, you'll notice that there's no download button for any of the videos. You'll
only see its URL or Universal Resource Locator and then there's also the embed code
if you want to play that video in your website, blog, or profile page at any social
networking websites. So how can you download a video? What if you want to show
that video to your friend or family and you're not connected to the Internet? How
can you get the video saved onto your computer?
The answer is easy! There are now a lot of websites that allow easy download of
YouTube videos. You'll only need to copy that URL address and in a few clicks of a
button, and a few seconds or minutes of download, you are ready to watch that
video without Internet connection. You don't have to keep connected just to be able
to share your favourite videos to your friends. The beauty of that is you can always
bring that laptop wherever you go and watch that video on the go! Here are a few
simple steps to take to learn how to download videos from YouTube!
1. Go to YouTube's website by opening your internet browser and
typing www.youtube.com in the address bar.
2. Once you're in the main page, you can search for your video by entering
keywords at the search text box on the upper right hand corner of their page.
3. After you type the keywords of the video you have in mind, click on the Search
4. Once you see the results of your search, click on the video that matches the
video you have in mind.
5. Once you click one of the videos, you'll be directed to that video's page.
6. On the right side of the video, you'll see its details. Locate the URL.
7. When you see the URL address, copy the text by highlighting the complete URL
and copying it.
a. You can copy the URL by either right-clicking on the mouse and choosing copy.
b. Another way to copy the URL is when it is highlighted,press CTRL+C.
8. Once you've copied the URL, open another internet browser window or tab.
9. Now it's time to take advantage of those websites that allows you to download
10. Once you're in any of the sites mentioned above, locate the URL textbox.
11. Enter the URL of the YouTube video of your choice.
12. Some websites may ask you to select where you are downloading the video
from a dropdown box. Simply choose YouTube.
13. Next click on the Download button.
14. It will prompt you to Open, Save, or Cancel. Just click on Save and choose the
path where you want it to save. Now, you're downloading the video!
Kapil Edke is a free lancer writer and content builder of many technology sites
and he loves to download and watch movies online.